Supervisor: Taproom TN23 (Ashford – Opening 11 May)
'Craft beer ought to be for everyone’. This idea spurred one man to start Hop Stuff Brewery in 2013. He unbuttoned his white-collar life to brew craft beer to share with anyone - whether a green bottle beer drinker, a craft aficionado or his sweet old grandma. From the start, it’s all about making craft beer more approachable.
Hop Stuff has since grown to a team of beer maniacs backed by over 1,000 investors. More staff, a new brewery and more Taprooms on the way. Hop Stuff is growing.
But in the words of The Carpenters, ‘We’ve Only Just Begun’. So, if you want to be part of the journey and contribute to a rapidly growing brewery and on trade business, read on.
Our Taprooms bring the best of brewery vibes to local neighbourhoods; tons of craft beer and messy indulgent food, all within a warm low-key spot to hang out.
The role of the Supervisor is to enforce standards, champion the Hop Stuff ethos and rev up their team to inspire guests. They will report to the Taproom General Manager. The Supervisor of TN23 will assist in the progression of this site, while ensuring seamless day to day running; putting the customers’ needs at the heart of every decision.
£9.00 ph – Full time hours
Will include, but not limited to:
· A role model for high standards and consistency prior, during and post service
· Site key holder – working towards opening and closing the venue with end of night cashing up responsibilities
· Challenging the norm – bringing forward ideas on how to constantly improve
· Drink service – damn tasty beer in keg, cask and from the fridge. To be comfortable with famous wine regions, basic classic cocktails, London spirits and rising non-alcoholic superstars
· Table service – offering a natural service style. Able to recommend, host and chat for days whilst looking after everyone, as you would your very own mother
· Clean – clean as you go, just like at home. Be proud of where you work at all times
· Cash handling – both at the till and on the floor. A methodical and sensible mind set is key
· Team – help lead a team with personable hands on approach; picking up the slack when needed in a bar team of up to 6 per shift
• 1 – 2 years’ experience in a similar role
• Professional personality and flare
• Tirelessly hospitable
• Sociable manner, able to build relationships quickly
• Attention to detail; takes pride in being organised
• Basic brewery knowledge with a passion to learn more (we can teach to the passionate)
• Working with numbers and commercial acumen
• Flexible and able to work shifts and 7 day a week rota patterns
• Legal right to work in the UK
How to apply:
Please email a cover letter, explaining all relevant experience, and CV to: Alex@hopstuffbrewery.com