Pizza Chef: Taproom SE18 (Woolwich)
'Craft beer ought to be for everyone’. This idea spurred one man to start Hop Stuff Brewery in 2013. He unbuttoned his white-collar life to brew craft beer to share with anyone - whether a green bottle beer drinker, a craft aficionado or his sweet old grandma. From the start, it’s all about making craft beer more approachable.
Hop Stuff has since grown to a team of beer maniacs backed by over 1,400 investors. More staff, a new brewery and more Taprooms on the way. Hop Stuff is growing.
But in the words of The Carpenters, ‘We’ve Only Just Begun’. So, if you want to be part of the journey and contribute to a rapidly growing brewery and on trade business, read on.
Our Taprooms bring the best of brewery vibes to local neighbourhoods; tons of craft beer and messy indulgent food, all within warm low-fi confines.
Reporting to the Head Pizza Chef and general manager; the Pizza Chef is the bedrock for our kitchen and jack of all trades. The majority of the role is churning out dope sourdough pizza and indulgent sides. This person is also required to help with all preparation, service and cleaning duties in a stripped back pizza kitchen.
The successful applicant is fun and creative, and eager to impart these qualities on the menu. They’re a knowledge sponge, learn quick and contribute to a team where needed.
£8.50 p/h - Full time hours
· Food Hygiene – working to health and hygiene standards that maintained as clean, tidy, and organised at all times.
· Preparation - To ensure all food preparation and cleaning is achieved prior and post service.
· Service - Assist the Head Pizza Chef at all times through daily service.
· Be clean, well presented and in the correct uniform at all times.
· Contribute recipe ideas for specials by making use of the daily produce and network of close knit suppliers.
· Working as a KP as needed. We are small team so there is no job is too small for anyone.
· Love pizza.
· Pizza oven experience – essential.
· Basic food hygiene certification – required.
· NVG Level 2 food preparation – preferred.
· Time keeping – sharp, early and ready to go pre-shift.
· Commitment, sense of humour, personality for days. We are a small team so flexibility and bending over backwards is the norm.
· Flexible and able to work shifts and 7 day a week rota patterns.
· Legal right to work in the UK.