Head Pizza Chef: Taproom TN23 (Ashford – Opening 11 May)
'Craft beer ought to be for everyone’. This idea spurred one man to start Hop Stuff Brewery in 2013. He unbuttoned his white-collar life to brew craft beer to share with anyone - whether a green bottle beer drinker, a craft aficionado or his sweet old grandma. From the start, it’s all about making craft beer more approachable.
Hop Stuff has since grown to a team of beer maniacs backed by over 1,400 investors. More staff, a new brewery and more Taprooms on the way. Hop Stuff is growing.
But in the words of The Carpenters, ‘We’ve Only Just Begun’. So, if you want to be part of the journey and contribute to a rapidly growing brewery and on trade business, read on.
Our Taprooms bring the best of brewery vibes to local neighbourhoods; tons of craft beer and messy indulgent food, all within a warm low-key spot to hang out.
Reporting to the General Manger, the Head Pizza Chef is the leader of the kitchen and mentor to the team. The majority of the role is churning out dope sourdough pizza and indulgent sides. This person is also required to oversee and where necessary help with all preparation, service and cleaning duties in a stripped back pizza and chicken wing kitchen.
Base salary £22,500 + £4k bonus = OTE £26.5k pa
Will include but not limited to:
· Lead – To mentor, develop and lead a team of up to 3 pizza chefs.
· Preparation - To oversee all food preparation and cleaning is achieved prior and post service.
· Service – Lead service ensuring speed of ticket time and consistency of product.
· Food Hygiene – Enforcing a kitchen health and hygiene standard that is maintained as clean, tidy, and organised at all times.
· Ordering – Ensuring the food stock we carry is seasonal whilst negotiating the best price.
· Rota – producing weekly rotas within a set labour % against forecasted sales.
· Weekly reporting – Stock taking, maintain a kitchen book and management reviews.
· Specials – Bring creative recipe ideas for specials by making use of the daily produce and network of close knit suppliers whilst involving the full team.
· Working as a KP as needed. We are small team so there is no job is too small for anyone
· Love pizza
• 1 – 2 years’ experience in a similar role
• Pizza oven experience – essential
• Basic food hygiene certification – essential
• NVG Level 2 food preparation – essential
• Time keeping – sharp, early and ready to go pre-shift
• Commitment, sense of humour, and personality for days. We are a small team so flexibility and bending over backwards is the norm
• Flexible and able to work shifts and 7 day a week rota patterns
• Legal right to work in the UK
How to apply:
Please email a cover letter, explaining all relevant experience, and CV to: Alex@hopstuffbrewery.com