Group Head Chef: Taproom SE8 (Opening late-2017) and SE18
'Craft beer ought to be for everyone’. This idea spurred one man to start Hop Stuff Brewery in 2013. He unbuttoned his white-collar life to brew craft beer to share with anyone - whether a green bottle beer drinker, a craft aficionado or his sweet old grandma. From the start, it’s all about making craft beer easier to get into.
Hop Stuff has since grown to a team of beer maniacs backed by over 650 investors. More staff, a new brewery and more Taprooms on the way. Hop Stuff is growing.
But in the words of The Carpenters, ‘We’ve Only Just Begun’. So, if you want to be part of the journey and contribute to a rapidly growing brewery and on trade business, read on.
Our second on trade site is due to open by the end of 2017 in Deptford Market Yard, and will be called Taproom SE8 (our first is Taproom SE18). Since Hop Stuff HQ is a bit out the way, our Taprooms bring the best of brewery taprooms to local neighbourhoods; tons of craft beer and messy indulgent food, all within warm low-fi feels.
The role of the Group head chef is to lead multiple kitchens whilst stamping consistency on the menu. The Group head chef will champion the Hop Stuff ethos, be hands on in the kitchens with senior sous chefs ensuring all financial and standards are adhered to.
They will report to the Taproom Operations Manager and the board of Directors. The Group head chef of SE8 will own and develop the food progression of the group, while overseeing seamless day to day running of each kitchen
KEY GROUP RESPONSIBILITIES
• Open the new flagship Taproom SE8 with a bang by igniting an amazing food offering. This must be done by somebody industry savvy, on the pulse, creative and willing to inspire a culture of amazing eating experiences
• Working culture – safe, EHO compliant and to a 5-star hygiene standard
• Core menu – design a menu, led by sourdough woodfired pizzas, that is delectable and updated each season
• Admin - creating food specs, full costings and allergen sheets
• Streamline - prep lists, section set ups, enhancing service time and reducing ticket time
• Manage – be enthusiastic, lead-by-example, develop and mentor a team. This also includes recruitment, appraisals and disciplinary process.
• Financials – produce weekly margin, stock holding and operational feedback
• Rota – manage labour spending to % of net takings
• Events – encourage events to other market stall, food trucks and food pop ups.
• Demand perfection, strive for consistency and be pragmatic in taking steps to achieve this
• 1 – 2 years’ experience in a similar role or a head chef with ‘years behind the eyes’ looking to step up
• Naturally creative
• Self-starter with excellent time management
• Professional personality and flare
• Sociable manner, able to build relationships quickly
• Attention to detail; takes pride in being organised
• Working with numbers and commercial acumen
• Flexible and able to work shifts and 7 day a week rota patterns. The role includes time in the kitchens through service including weekends
• Legal right to work in the UK
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a cover letter, explaining all relevant experience, and CV to email@example.com