General Manager: Taproom SE8 (Opening late-2017)
'Craft beer ought to be for everyone’. This idea spurred one man to start Hop Stuff Brewery in 2013. He unbuttoned his white-collar life to brew craft beer to share with anyone - whether a green bottle beer drinker, a craft aficionado or his sweet old grandma. From the start, it’s all about making craft beer easier to get into.
Hop Stuff has since grown to a team of beer maniacs backed by over 650 investors. More staff, a new brewery and more Taprooms on the way. Hop Stuff is growing.
But in the words of The Carpenters, ‘We’ve Only Just Begun’. So, if you want to be part of the journey and contribute to a rapidly growing brewery and on trade business, read on.
Our second on trade site is due to open by the end of 2017 in Deptford Market Yard, and will be called Taproom SE8 (our first is Taproom SE18). Since Hop Stuff HQ is a bit out the way, our Taprooms bring the best of brewery taprooms to local neighbourhoods; tons of craft beer and messy indulgent food, all within warm low-fi feels.
The role of the General Manager is to lead. The Taproom SE8 GM will champion the Hop Stuff ethos and rev up their team to inspire guests. Fun, creative, and tirelessly hospitable. They will report to the Taproom Operations Manager and the board of Directors. The General Manager of SE8 will own the progression of this site, while ensuring seamless day to day running of the gastropub.
• Opening a new flagship Taproom in SE8, working closely with operations and the board of directors
• Recruiting a new team who live and breathe beer, are naturally hospitable and have personality ‘for days’
• Operate a venue that is safe, EHO compliant and to a 5-star hygiene standard to staff and customers
• Comply with all local licensing authorities
• Be enthusiastic, lead-by-example, develop and mentor a team
• Produce end of week reporting
• Be accountable for P&L
• Forecast weekly, monthly, and quarterly net sales against set budgets
• Oversee all recruitment, appraisal and disciplinary procedures
• Develop the customer journey at every step
• Be industry savvy in food and drink. Bringing forward ideas to promote a culture of amazing shared experiences, and inspiring excitement in a team
• Constantly sourcing new revenue streams
• Encourage the use of the Taproom to other breweries. Promoting events in line with the Taproom ethos
• 1 – 2 years’ experience in a similar role
• Personal License holder
• Professional personality and flare
• Sociable manner, able to build relationships quickly
• Attention to detail; takes pride in being organised
• Basic brewery knowledge with a passion to learn more (we can teach to the passionate)
• Working with numbers and commercial acumen
• Flexible and able to work shifts and 7 day a week rota patterns
• Legal right to work in the UK
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a cover letter, explaining all relevant experience, and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org