Bartenders: Taproom SE8
'Craft beer ought to be for everyone’. This idea spurred one man to start Hop Stuff Brewery in 2013. He unbuttoned his white-collar life to brew craft beer to share with anyone - whether a green bottle beer drinker, a craft aficionado or his sweet old grandma. From the start, it’s all about making craft beer easier to get into.
Hop Stuff has since grown to a team of beer maniacs backed by over 650 investors. More staff, a new brewery and more Taprooms on the way. Hop Stuff is growing.
But in the words of The Carpenters, ‘We’ve Only Just Begun’. So, if you want to be part of the journey and contribute to a rapidly growing brewery and on trade business, read on.
Our Taprooms bring the best of brewery vibes to local neighbourhoods; tons of craft beer and messy indulgent food, all within warm low-fi feels.
The role of our bartenders is massive – you’re the face and soul of the Taprooms; looking after guests loaded with knowledge bombs on everything they love. A bartender will be the life blood of every shift taking responsibility for drink service, the vibe in the bar, and bending over backwards to look after customers. Bartenders report to the General Manager.
Full time hours // £8.15 p/h
· Drink service – damn tasty beer in keg, cask and from the fridge. To be comfortable with famous region wines, basic classic cocktails, London spirits and rising soft drink superstars.
· Table service – offering a natural service style. Able to recommend, host and chat for days whilst looking after everyone as you would your very own mother.
· Clean – clean as you go, just like at home. Be proud of where you work at all times.
· Cash handling – both at the till and on the floor. A methodical and sensible mind set is key.
· Team – be a major player and cornerstone in any team; picking up the slack when needed in a bar team of up to 8 per shift.
· Previous bar experience in a similar role – essential. 2+ years is very advantageous.
· Basic beer knowledge with a passion to learn more (we can teach the passionate).
· Food and drink obsessive – to know what outstanding product is.
· Hospitable – understands the service industry and is naturally welcoming.
· Personality – we love the weird and wonderful. Be proud of your quirks, naturally confident and personality ‘for days’.
· Time keeping – sharp, early and ready to go pre-shift.
· Flexible and able to work shifts and 7 day a week rota patterns.
· Legal right to work in the UK.
To apply or ask any questions, please email Alex at email@example.com with a CV and cover letter.