Assistant General Manager: Taproom TN23 (Ashford - Opening April 2018)
'Craft beer ought to be for everyone’. This idea spurred one man to start Hop Stuff Brewery in 2013. He unbuttoned his white-collar life to brew craft beer to share with anyone - whether a green bottle beer drinker, a craft aficionado or his sweet old grandma. From the start, it’s all about making craft beer more approachable.
Hop Stuff has since grown to a team of beer maniacs backed by over 1,000 investors. More staff, a new brewery and more Taprooms on the way. Hop Stuff is growing.
But in the words of The Carpenters, ‘We’ve Only Just Begun’. So, if you want to be part of the journey and contribute to a rapidly growing brewery and on trade business, read on.
Our Taprooms bring the best of brewery vibes to local neighbourhoods; tons of craft beer and messy indulgent food, all within a warm low-key spot to hang out.
The role of the Assistant General Manager is to work side by side with the General Manager, champion the Hop Stuff ethos and rev up their team to inspire guests. They will report to the Taproom General Manager. The Assistant General Manager of TN23 will assist in the progression of this site, while ensuring seamless day to day running; putting the customers’ needs at the heart of every decisions.
OTE £25,200 – Basic Salary £21,500pa & Bonus £3,700
Will include but not limited to:
· Opening a third Taproom in Ashford, working closely with operations and the board of directors
· Recruiting and daily management of a new team who live and breathe beer, are naturally hospitable and have ‘personality for days’
· Operate a venue that is safe, EHO compliant and to a 5-star hygiene standard to staff and customers
· Comply with all local licensing authorities
· Be enthusiastic, lead-by-example, develop and mentor a team
· Produce end of week reporting in the absence of the General manager
· Take responsibility and involvement P&L reviews
· Assist in the forecasting of weekly, monthly, and quarterly net sales against set budgets
· Assist in all recruitment, appraisal and disciplinary procedures
· Develop the customer journey at every step
· Be industry savvy in food and drink. Bringing forward ideas to promote a culture of amazing shared experiences, and inspiring excitement in a team
· Constantly sourcing new revenue streams
· Encourage the use of the Taproom to other breweries. Promoting events in line with the Hop Stuff ethos
• 1 – 2 years’ experience in a similar role
• Personal License holder
• Professional personality and flair
• Tirelessly hospitable
• Sociable manner, able to build relationships quickly
• Attention to detail; takes pride in being organised
• Basic brewery knowledge with a passion to learn more (we can teach to the passionate)
• Working with numbers and commercial acumen
• Flexible and able to work shifts and 7 day a week rota patterns
• Legal right to work in the UK
How to apply:
Please email a cover letter, explaining all relevant experience, and CV to: Alex@hopstuffbrewery.com